[ Post a Response | PGCA Glass Collectors Message Board main index ]
Re: A simple question
Posted by Bob Martin on January 1, 2018, 6:55 am, in reply to "Re: A simple question"
Thanks for your input, Doug. While I do agree that the catalogs in stamp collecting (ie. Scott's) tended to be higher than what could normally be found at retail, they did serve as a guide because what they were quoting were prices for stamps in excellent condition. In the real world, many of the stamps sold at far lower prices were either not centered, short perfs, disturbed gum, etc. The point here is that these catalogs provided something upon which to base buying (or selling) decisions, something we do not appear to have with our current collecting. I agree that experience is important, but it is neither all encompassing nor factually complete in all situations.
- A simple question - Bob Martin December 30, 2017, 3:57 pm
- Re: A simple question about price guides - Brian Callahan January 1, 2018, 8:49 am
- Re: A simple question - Doug January 1, 2018, 5:44 am
- Re: A simple question - Bob Martin January 1, 2018, 6:55 am
- Re: A simple question - David Lester December 31, 2017, 6:56 am
- Re: A simple question - Bob Martin December 31, 2017, 3:56 am
- Re: A simple question - Mike T December 30, 2017, 5:46 pm
« Back to index