Perspectives on all time cold event
Posted by Brad - Pgh on 2/20/2015, 10:59 pm
Sorry for the constant complaining, but...
- Tonight will be the 9th consecutive night with low temps in the single digits or worse.
- 12 lows of single digits or worse in the first 20 days
- 4 more days forecast in February with single digit lows or worse.
- At 19F, the monthly average to date is 13F below normal. Previous all-time February low is 18F.
- All time lowest months on record: 11.4 in Jan 1977, 17.4 in Jan 1940, 18.0 in Feb 1979, and 18.6 in Jan 1918. This would be only the 5th month ever below an average of 20F.
- Even last year's winter from hell averaged 22.1 in Jan, and 25.7 in Feb.