Re: Perfect day,and some long awaited spring pics
NICE PICS, as always !!! I must confess, my palms are also looking a bit shabby too this spring ! I know Needles and Sabal minors are "hardy" but how many bad winters, in a row, can they take? I hope we get a nice hot summer, followed by a mild winter, to revive them. But I've kind of lost all confidence in us going back to the good 'ole days where our hardy palms could get through winter without a scratch. It's making me re-think some of my landscaping choices.
I like seeing those Camellia shots too. My Camellias are a mixed bag this year. Winters like these are really separating the hardies from the not-so-hardy. One of mine (a "hardy" type) that was repeated damaged by voles over the years, appears to be finally and officially "biting the dust". My others are mixed. The well-established ones are fine and starting to bloom (late) but a recently transplanted one is "iffy".
Other plants, like my Fatsias and Schefflera delavayi, are looking "rough" (but still have some green foliage) from a 2nd bad winter in a row. I hope they will bounce back but... how much more of this can they take? And I think I am officially giving up on "hardy" gardenias! And my Indian Hawthornes died back last year and appear to have died "all the way" this year so they may get scratched off the list!
On the other hand, my "BBB" Southern Magnolia and 2 "Henry Hicks" Magnolia virginianas came through winter mostly OK, with just a few browned leaves - but are mostly green and OK.
Perfect day,and some long awaited spring pics - Jeff A z7a NJ 4/18/2015, 6:45 pm
- Re: Perfect day,and some long awaited spring pics - Ron DE Zone7a 4/20/2015, 9:06 am
- Re: Perfect day,and some long awaited spring pics - Tim MA z6 4/19/2015, 12:41 am
- Re: Perfect day,and some long awaited spring pics - Daniel 4/18/2015, 10:29 pm
- Re: Perfect day,and some long awaited spring pics - ScottyOn 4/18/2015, 9:34 pm
- Re: Perfect day,and some long awaited spring pics - Brad - Pgh 4/18/2015, 9:23 pm
« Back to index