Torreyi trunking for me
Posted by Rob N TN on August 5, 2012, 10:44 pm
Having no luck with desert trunking yuccas except for Elata. I have had luck with this Torreyi growing under a roof overhang and using a lean-to plexi-glass to shield off winter precip. Its about 3 1/2 years old and was a potted 4" cup.
below is a pic of a Y.elata I planted 10 years ago from 3g nursery stock from Albuquerque. Its at my old house and the current owner wants to cut it down. He asked me if I want it but I told him the tap root is too far in the ground now and it would die if the tap root was severed but luckily its still there.
(L) Y. Elata (C) Cortaderia selloana 'Pumila” (Pampas grass) (R) Needle Palm
Torreyi trunking for me - Rob N TN August 5, 2012, 10:44 pm
« Back to index
- Re: Torreyi trunking for me - Dennis in Ohio August 7, 2012, 5:19 pm
- Re: Torreyi trunking for me - JohnJD z7a NJ August 6, 2012, 3:16 pm
- Re: Torreyi trunking for me - Tim MA z6 August 6, 2012, 9:22 am
- Re: Torreyi trunking for me - Don August 6, 2012, 7:34 am
- Re: Torreyi trunking for me - Kyle South Texas August 6, 2012, 7:15 am